Wednesday, June 8, 2011

3:05 & 4:12

Those were the times on the digital clock when I've woken up during the night recently.  I've personally been falling asleep easily, but with much on our minds these days, I find myself waking up in the middle of the night or extremely early with lots to think about.  Anyway, I had this thought this week that instead of lying there stressing over stuff, think of a Scripture verse with a reference that coincides with the time. 

4:12 - When this time came up a few nights ago, I thought of  1 Timothy 4:12  "Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity"  I began to use that time to thank God for my oldest son Zac, who is graduating this Saturday and is living as a great example for his peers and other believers as a true follower of Jesus.  I am truly blessed by how he lives his life.

3:05 - Last night when I woke up at 3:05, I went to John 3:5 and then James 3:5 in my head, but ended up resting on Proverbs 3:5  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding."  It was the perfect verse to meditate upon and fall back to sleep to for a few hours.

Maybe this technique could help you...you might need to keep a Bible close by!

No comments:

Post a Comment