Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekend Recap

Well, first of all...we are all still here...no Rapture on Saturday?  Who knew!  Well, I think we all knew that wasn't going to happen.  Picking a date flies directly against what Jesus said in the Bible!  I spent Saturday morning working a big yard sale at our house and then at 6 pm I was downing a brat at a graduation party...wondering if this is what I should be doing if Jesus came back at that moment.  I did put off my final sermon prep until 8 pm, just in case.  (I'm joking...just in case you are wondering!)

It was a good day yesterday at LCC.   It was probably my least favorite of the Q & A series of messages...I realize that sounds odd to say, but compared to other parts of the Bible, it's just not incredibly enjoyable to teach on Satan, the rapture, and the coming judgments.  But God's truth in the Bible is reality...and all of it needs to be preached.  The highlight though is that God's Word never returns void...3 people accepted Jesus at the end of the message and won't have to face that terrible day at the Great White Throne Judgement!  Thank God for those victories!

I appreciate Mick Tingstrom filling in for Josh yesterday in leading worship.  Mick always does a great job when Josh is away.  Thanks to the whole crew - Mick, Britney, Tyler, Brandon, Nathan, Valerie and Rick.  Well done!

We did have a few families visiting for the first time...I love how God brings us new guests every single week!

Other miscellaneous:
  • Our students made over $400 at their car wash on Saturday towards the missions trip.  They have another car wash this Saturday at the same location - the 7/11 at the corner of PW Parkway and Telegraph.  Come out and support them!
  • The Next Step Fund is now over $60K.  Thanks to all the faithful givers!
  • Our LCC Softball team won 2 doubleheaders to improve to 6-2 on the season.  Good job!
  • I'm currently reading Craig Groeschel's new book - "WEIRD" - good stuff...I encourage you to pick it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment